Welcome to my art blog!

You are also invited to check out my website: www.liedekebulderart.com and the site of my Kauai gallery: www.hashisfineart.com

Sunday, October 4, 2020

KAUAI REFLECTIONS



KAUAI REFLECTIONS I, II, III


A few months ago I was invited to participate in a group mural exhibition at Viewpoints Gallery in Makawao, Maui, Hawaii.

The title of the exhibit is "2020 - Through the Eyes of the Artist".    We were supplied with wooden panels, 10" x 10", and invited to share our expressions on life during these pandemic times.   Artists from all the Hawaiian islands were invited and the finished panels consequently installed in the form of a continuous mural.    

Since I was fortunate to receive three panels, my work took on a wider scope literally...  Here is the brief statement I wrote to accompany the pieces:

"Here I am, on Kauai, in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.  Beauty and peace restoring itself without the onslaught of visitors and no, or very low, virus presence....Yet, we are surrounded by and part of a world filled with fear and upheaval.    How to maintain a balance of belonging and compassion without losing ourselves?"

 
Check out the show!  All panels are for sale (also individually!) and the mural will be displayed through January 2021.


http://viewpointsgallerymaui.com/archive_featured/through_the_eyes_of_the_artists/index_through_the_eyes_of_the_artists.html

No comments: