Welcome to my art blog!

You are also invited to check out my website: www.liedekebulderart.com and the site of my Kauai gallery: www.hashisfineart.com

Thursday, January 23, 2020



CURRENT

Just wanted to share one of my latest mixed media drawings with you.   I had such fun creating this piece.  It is part of my exhibition "Roots to Wings"  on view at Hashi's Fine Art Gallery in historic Hanapepe town on Kauai through Friday, January 31, 2020.

As always there is some general idea of what I want to express but the fun comes when I prepare the sheet of archival paper or canvas with a wash of bistre, a pigment made from the soot of burned walnut shells.   

Paying close attention to the process, the work begins.... I see a line, a shape or form  and  I add to the piece using different drawing and mark making techniques to tell the story.

Weave your own story as the viewer:   the movement or "current" is upward....
Earthbound, airborne....  

No comments: